Ge ne ti cal
What is PGT?
Preimplantation Genetic Testing is a procedure used prior the implantation to detect and prevent the transmission to the offspring of serious diseases caused by genetic and chromosomal alterations in embryos, to ensure that children are born free from hereditary diseases.
The most commonly used types of Preimplantation Genetic Testing are:
Who can benefit from PGT?
Any couple undergoing in vitro fertilization is a potential candidate for aneuploidy testing and could benefit from performing genetic diagnosis tests.
Couples at risk of passing on a genetic disease or condition could also be candidates for PGD, in addition to the following groups:
- Carriers of gender-linked genetic disorders
- Carriers of single gen disorders
- Those with chromosomal disorders
- Women aged 35 and over
- Women experiencing recurrent pregnancy loss
- Women with more than one failed fertility treatment